Blue Mountain Honda is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services. Persons with personal assistive devices are permitted to bring their devices into our business.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. Fees will not be charged for support persons.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities Blue Mountain Honda will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. The notice will be placed at the service entrance information board.
Blue Mountain Honda will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf.Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
- Customer service representatives
- Sales associates
- Service advisors
This training will be provided to staff at time of hire.Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Blue Mountain Honda's plan related to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use the building access notification system
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Blue Mountain Honda's goods and services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to your accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Blue Mountain Honda provides goods and services to people with disabilities can contact any Department Manager or the General Manager by phone 705 445 4405 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All feedback, including complaints, will be reviewed by department manager and general manager for resolution options and action plan.
Customers can expect to hear back in 5-10 business days.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Blue Mountain Honda that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.